A rare disease in everyday medicine
February 15 @ 4:45 am - 9:30 am
15 February 2023 | Royal Society of Medicine
Join this distinctive meeting that brings together stakeholders from across all sectors and rare diseases in order to teach those who don’t yet know much about rare diseases.
The aim of the meeting is to inform doctors that rare diseases are collectively common and relevant to every medical career.
Very different rare diseases face similar challenges, including navigating healthcare which can be alleviated by a medical professional that understands what living with a rare disease means to a patient and their larger community.
Benefits of attending:
- Know that rare diseases are collectively common, affecting approximately 3.5 million people in the UK.
- Appreciate the common challenges that people with rare disease face in their journey to diagnosis and beyond.
- Recognize how rare diseases can uniquely impact a patient and family’s mental well-being.
- Value the lived experience that expert patients can share with you in order to improve their care.
- Promote the work of M4RD and the Medical Genetics Section.