Looking in the mirror and looking back is rich in purpose and vision. Know and why wake up this morning the world will find its rest at work.
Is this how you wake up? Since there are gaps between the bed and the mirror, I have done exercises that allow me to start each day on purpose and allow me to spend the day as the woman I pretended to be.
So what does that have to do with leadership and being a woman in power? We launched the juicy article right here, right now.
One of my favorite ideas is Brene Brown, who does a wonderful job of defining leadership in a fantastic way. Here’s her description from her leader:
“A leader is someone who takes responsibility for finding people’s rights in the system, as well as the courage to create those rights. Leadership is not about a name or a corner company. It’s about being ready to go, putting yourself there, and relying on trust. The world longs for leaders to be confident.
I believe that leadership is a work in progress, and the more we understand ourselves, the more we will feel capable of being leaders. It is an essential skill of working with others to accomplish things that you could not do on your own. We are not talking about leadership, being a leader, or telling people what to do. No, we are talking about how you can work harder and be successful because you have beaten your team and moved in the same direction, and won together.
So what are the best ways to lead and how do you develop the necessary leadership skills? While I am an ongoing project, here are three festivals each day that has had a huge impact:
1. Daily practice is everything. Building a life around your job or other goals you want to achieve is the next step. Instead, take some time to think about the day your life and dreams will come true. For example, you may need to get up early in the morning to spend some time with yourself, the newspaper, meditation, or exercise. With this new version, you can consider your daily routine, how to get the kids to school, and start your workday. Just be sure to remember that you are the boss of your timeline, not your boss. Acting as the leader of your life makes it possible to support your team well.
2. Be a lifelong learner. This may seem obvious, but it is easy to break out of fear and believe that you have reached the point of arrival. Find ways to learn from others, especially newcomers. Has development incorporated its own development or study time into its day or week? Is your company’s certificate up to date? Have you defined yourself as an educational goal or specialty?
3. Take responsibility for the results it generates. Wake up and get rid of clutter. Nobody wants to create mediocre results, but sometimes we start working on autopilot. As leaders, even if we are a single team, we will wonder what we can do to achieve different results. It is up to us to completely change our lifestyle and the industry we lead. So what do you do to stay alert and listen to yourself every day? What devices do you have to turn off the autopilot?
A leader is a journey
These are just a few questions to help you understand what kind of leader you are now and what changes you can make to become the leader you want.
1. Are you ready to lead from the inside out?
2. Do you live a life of satisfaction, sharing problems, and curiosity?
3. Do you know you have a blind spot?
4. Are you open to receiving feedback from your peers and loved ones so that you can include them in your self-development journey?
5. Are you providing the kind of care that you would provide to your best friend, loved one, or child?
6. Do you really accept yourself and remain desperate for self-knowledge?
Life is not the only place or the only answer to the above questions. It’s about sharing your journey with others. It is to guide those around you and their paths so that they can do the same.
If you want to develop your leadership skills in the health and fitness industry, but aren’t sure where to start, the Women in Fitness Association (WIFA) is a place where women from all walks of life can come together for support mutually. We would like to help you start your own business and help you reach your full potential!